In New Zealand, to become legally married it is pretty simple…
1. You will need a Marriage licence. This form is located on the Births, Deaths and Marriages website. https://www.govt.nz/browse/family-and-whanau/getting-married/how-to-get-married-in-nz/?OpenDocument
2. You need to be married by a Registered Marriage Celebrant.
3. During your magical ceremony, you will say“I "John Smith" take you "Jane Doe" to be my husband/wife.
4. You need two witnesses (Can be anyone!)
5. The marriage licence needs to be signed. This is done by the two of you, your two witnesses and I. Easy peasy!
6. Relax and have fun! The rest of your wedding is completely up to you.